We're excited to add a new member to our family of project boards. The Boss Board offers drop-in support for multiple microcontrollers and includes mounting areas for a variety of connectors, jacks, and accessories.
Prewired to Support Popular Microcontrollers
Like the Parallax Propeller, SX, and the PICaxe 08, 14, and 20. The Boss Board also supports the PICaxe 18X for additional versatility.
Mounting Areas For Common Connectors
A Mini DIN mount for PS/2, S-Video, and all Mini DIN applications 8 Pin - 3 Pin. Dual-use jacks for Potentiometers and 3.5mm stereo jacks. SPDT slide switch mounts on the top left. 2x RCA jacks, and a pre-wired video DAC for the Parallax Propeller.
5V, 3V, or Both
The bottom left voltage regulator powers the microcontroller, and the board supports a second, optional regulator on the top left. This makes 3.3v + 5v projects no problem. A reverse protection diode makes the board forgiving of common power mistakes. Or skip the power and connect a battery pack straight to the rails.
An Extra Large Designing Area
With enough space for 40+ pin 600mil DIP's and unique, woven power rails give you flexibility when connecting support IC's.
Now You're Playing With Power!
An NES controller connector makes it super easy to add control to your project. The controller's builtin shift register makes reading the controller a 3-Pin affair (Clock, Data & Latch), and controllers work at 3v or 5v.
GET IT NOW >>
- Fully supports SX, Propeller and PICaxe M series
- Partial support for PICaxe X series
- Reverse Protection diode and power light indicator
- Prototyping area for adding 40+ Pin, 600 mil DIP's
- Size: 3" x 4.05"
- Plated through hole FR4 PCB with white soldermask & silkscreen
Download an image of the copper layers (pdf)
- PS/2 | S-Video | Midi (Via converter cable) | all standard 3 - 8 Pin Mini-DIN
- 2 x Potentiometer
- 2 x 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- 2 x Slide DPST switches
- 2 x RCA (Video / Audio)
- Onboard power with 2 independent Voltage Regulators
- Extra large holes for connecting thick wires (9 awg)