Programmable Distance Sensor
Category: Electronics Design
Has been tested by Gadget Gangster Difficulty: Easy
Great for builders of all skill levels No Assembly Required
This project comes pre-assembled
Get This Kit
Do more with distance measurements than ever before with P.A.D.S, the Programmable Acoustic Distance Sensor.
P.A.D.S is a programmable multi-purpose acoustic distance sensor based on the Parallax Propeller* microcontroller. It has the same basic form factor as the popular Parallax PING)))* sensor with twice the range. It is compatible with the PING))) interface signals and it can be communicated with using I2C serial communication as well as the Parallax Prop Plug.
Other features include:
- Many parameters, such as sensitivity,maximum range, and output power can be changed using the I2C Interface.
- Parameter changes can be saved to non-volatile memory.
- An analog out connection, with user selectable output, including echo signal versus time, and analog value of distance.
- Multiple echo peak times and values can be read via I2C.
- An internal mode that does not require an external trigger.
- A Parallax PropPlug connection for custom programming and debug.
- 3 available COGS (processors) for user programming with real time access to existing signals.
- 4 free I/O pins available at the board edge for user purposes.
- Detection to 2 inches from sensor.
- Application software freely available for modification for use on P.A.D.S hardware.
- Software available to easily interface and control the P.A.D.S from another Propeller microcontroller.
* Ping))) and Propeller are trademarks of Parallax Inc.
The P.A.D.S come assembled and ready to use.
PADS Manual Rev 1p1.pdf Users Manual
RevB Photos.jpg Front and Back view
PADS Echo signal.jpg Typical Echo signal versus time
PADS Rear View2.jpg
PADS Front View2.jpg
PADS performance versus Ping.JPG Performance versus Ping)))
PADSObject1p1 - Archive [Date 2011.09.05].zip PADS interface object for use in Spin programs